Last year they brought Modest Mouse to town to test the vibe. It sold out and the crowd was as cool as expected. They quickly realized this is the place to have a festival. The natural beauty is mind-blowing. We are a community of artists that support the arts in all forms. If they build this THING we will come.
THING, a brand new 2 day festival, of music, food, comedy, art, podcasts, movies and more is the weekend of August 24 and 25.
From the curators;
“Derived from the medieval term “Ting” meaning “an assembly of free people to reduce feuds and avoid social disorder.” THING will feature three primary stages including a decommissioned zeppelin hangar (McCurdy Pavilion), the charming and intimate art-deco Wheeler Theatre, and the Parade Grounds overlooking Puget Sound. Pack an open mind and positive attitude for a weekend of eclectic programming in an epic natural setting.”
Many reasons to be excited about this event.
- Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, Uncle Tupelo, Tweedy, and more.
- Khruangbin, one of Spool Going Round’s favorite albums of last year
- Violent Femmes
- Fontaines D.C., exciting Irish poetry put to punk rock from Ireland
- De La soul
- Macaulay Culkin, (yes him)
- Stephen Tobolowsky, (yes him)
Comedy and Movies
- Napoleon Dynamite with Cast Q&A
- Todd Barry
- An Officer and Gentleman – Live Read (parts of the movie were filmed in Port Townsend)
Kid 13 and under are FREE